1 roll of Paneton chocolate pastry
1 cup of frozen berries
For the frangipane –
1 tsp vanilla extract
zest of lemon
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup almond meal
1 Tbs flour
Preheat oven at 180′.
Live baking tray with baking paper.
Cream butter and sugar until they are light and fluffy.
Add lemon zest, vanilla and mix to combine.
Beat in egg, until well mixed.
Cut pastry into a rough circle shape and place on baking paper.
Spread frangipane mix around centre, leaving a 4-5cm boarder (which will be folded over later)
Arrange berries on top of frangipane mix and gentle fold pastry up and over to create rough folds – holding the mixture in place.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until frangipane mix is golden brown and pastry cooked.
Serve with fresh whipped cream or simply a dusting of icing sugar.
Filling Option 1: Courgette, kumara and cheddar fold-over pies.
1 roll of Paneton flaky pastry
1 grated courgette
1 cup orange kumara mashed
1/2 grated cheddar or tasty cheese
Salt and pepper to taste.
1 egg beaten, for washing pastry
Filling Option 2: Sweetcorn, kumara and paprika fold-over pies.
1 roll Paneton savory pastry
1 cup of fresh or frozen sweetcorn kernels
1 cup diced cooked kumara
1 Tbs each finely chopped spring onion, coriander
1/4 cup sour cream (alternatively use plain greek yoghurt or creme fraiche)
1 tsp paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven 180″.
Combine cooled mix.
Cut pastry sheet into 6-10 rectangles, depending on how big or small you prefer your pies.
Spoon filling onto one side of pastry. Leave a small boarder around the edge, brush with egg wash and seal edges by pressing together by hand or with a fork.
A nice idea is to sprinkle sesame seeds over the top, or lightly grate cheese over the top before baking (though just as nice without)
Place on an oven tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
1 roll of Paneton sweet pastry
8-10 Peaches (use more or less depending on how deep you want your pie)
1 tsp vanilla bean powder, or extract.
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 cup sugar (works just as well with less or no sugar)
2 Tbs water
Roughly chop peaches into chunks.
Add chopped peaches, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and water to pan and cook until tender.
While the fruit mix is cooling, heat oven to 170′.
Butter slice pan edges and line the base with baking paper (this makes it easier to remove from pan).
Gently press pastry into pan.
Spoon fruit filling into pastry lined pan and spread around to an even height.
For the pastry top, use left over pastry and cut into thin strips. Decorate the top with pastry strips into a criss cross pattern.
Trim edges of pastry off with a sharp knife.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
Once cool, dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream or ice cream
An authentic range of quiches are now on the shelves of specialty foodstores and selected New World and Fresh Choice stores.
Discover the taste of France at home with Paneton’s range of handmade authentic quiches: made using only quality ingredients including Paneton’s savoury pastry and 100% NZ butter, they are ideal for anytime-lunch, dinner or a quick snack. Serve with a fresh green salad (a la Française- French style).
For a little ‘je ne sais quoi’ try Goats Cheese and Caramelised Onion, Smoked Salmon or Leek and Bacon or as a family favourite there is Lorraine or Vegetarian.
These delicious quiches are brought to you from The Award Winning Pastry Makers and are authentically handmade using quality ingredients and no palm oil from French Goats Cheese to New Zealand’s finest milk and cheese, bringing you a taste of France in your home kitchen.
1 roll of Paneton flaky pastry
1 cup chopped walnuts
200g dark chocolate
1 egg – for egg wash
Icing sugar to finish
Preheat oven to 180′
Unroll flaky pastry.
Melt chocolate in microwave – stir every 30 seconds to prevent burning.
Spread melted chocolate over pastry and evenly distribute chopped walnuts over chocolate.
Roll pastry into a coil, brush with egg wash and bake for 20-35 minutes or until golden and flaky.
To finish dust with icing sugar and slice to serve. A dollop of whipped cream or ice cream is a perfect match.
WIN A $500 WALLACE COTTON GIFT CARD AND A YEAR’S SUPPLY OF PANETON BAKERY TREATS
HOW TO ENTER:
- Enter now via our Facebook page – https://web.facebook.com/panetonfrenchbakery/app/515720611858523/
- Not on Facebook? Email us at email@example.com and tell us what your favourite Paneton product is
Hurry competition closes Midnight Sunday 27th November 2016
Prize Package Includes:
- A $500 Wallace Cotton Gift Card valid for one year – can be used to purchase any Wallace Cotton products online or in any Wallace Cotton store
- A one year supply of Paneton Bakery Products. This will be delivered to the winner as 4 hampers over 12 months. Included in each hamper is:
- Croissants Ready To Rise x 2
- Pain Au Choc Ready To Rise x2
- Mixed Grain loaf x 3
- Paneton grain pack of 6 rolls x2
- Paneton dinner rolls pack of 6 x2
- Traditionelle loaf x2
- Grain Loaf x2
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Wallace Cotton and Paneton Bakery
- Entry is open to New Zealand residents only aged 16 years or over. Employees of Wallace Cotton and Paneton Bakery and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- The promotion closes at midnight on Sunday 27th November 2016
- To enter individuals must enter their email address via the Sweepstake on the Wallace Cotton or Paneton Bakery Facebook Page or on www.wallacecotton.com
- The promotion is limited to one entry per person.
- Winner will be notified via email on 28th November 2016. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be determined by a random draw using www.random.org
- The prize is not transferrable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Paneton Bakery prize package may be subject to variation
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook who have no responsibility for the operation or outcome of the promotion. By entering this competition, entrant details are providing information to Wallace Cotton and not to Facebook.
- By entering this competition you release and indemnify Facebook from all liability associated with the competition.
- By entering this competition, entrant details are providing information to Wallace Cotton and Paneton Bakery which can be used for internal promotional purposes if opt-in box has been ticked. Individuals may opt out of receiving any promotional material by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
1 roll of savoury or flaky pastry
1/2 green apple
6 sage leaves
(place all into a food processor and blitz till finely chopped)
1/2 green apple (finely diced)
1 pack a best quality sausages (filling squeezed into large bowl)
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg to wash pastry before baking
Mix all ingredients accept egg, in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with hands until well combined. Set aside while you prepare pastry.
Gently score (do not cut through pastry) your pastry into thirds – lengthwise. On the outer side sections, slice equal sized strips which will be used to plait.
Place meat mix onto the centre section to form a long sausage shape.
Plait pastry evenly and then brush egg wash over entire surface.
Bake at 180′ for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and meat juices run clear.
1 roll of Paneton savoury pastry
1/2 white onion, diced finely
1 small carrot, diced finely or grated
2 cups chopped cauliflower
1 tsp fresh grated ginger or 1/2 tsp powdered gin
1 tsp tumeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Zest of 1/2 a lemon
1 big hand full of spinnach, chopped
2 Tbsp chopped coriander
2 Tbsp thick yoghurt
Salt and pepper to season
1 egg for brushing pastry
Preheat oven to 180′.
Saute onions and carrots until softened. Add cauliflower, lemon zest and spices and gently cook until cauliflower is tender. Turn off heat and stir through spinnach, coriander and yoghurt. Season with salt and pepper.
Cut pastry into 4 equal sections.
Divide filling between the 4 pastry rectangles. Place on one half of rectangle, allowing the other half to be folded over to encase filling.
Brush with egg wash and bake until golden brown, approximately 20-30 minutes depending on your oven.
Serve with a green salad and dollop of yoghurt for dipping.